Saturday, August 6, 2016

Spray Paint and T Shirts


In Michigan for a family reunion and wanted to make some shirts. I based the design on some turn of the century lettering from insurance maps. The couple in the canoe is a nod to the matriarch and patriarch of the clan, both of whom are 86 years old. Due to health reasons, this is this first year they are unable to join us here. 

The process was similar to the shirts we made of Grandma Lil. People brought their own shirts and we amassed a dozen cans of spray paint. Kids had fun picking their own colors and watching their shirt get made. 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Tell me, did you design the lettering and everything? How exactly do you create the stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I designed the lettering myself. I didn't have a whole lot of time to finesse it, which is why it got done and isn't sitting somewhere half done. I love deadlines.

    As far as process goes, I really just get shit out with pencil and placed it on top of a thicker piece of paper and used a box cutter to slice things out of both sheets of paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Autocorrect? A little editing might be in order.) Actually, as someone fascinated by lettering, I thought it looked fantastic. I ask because this looks like a new "font" for you and I really like it.

      Delete